Bitcoin Cash(BCH) current price is $464.79 with a marketcap of $8.09 B. Its price is 4.51% up in last 24 hours.
- Bitcoin Cash(BCH)
- Live Price $464.79
- 24h % 4.51%
- Market Cap$8.09 B
- Volume$954.73 M
- Available Supply17.40 M BCH
More Info About Coin
Bitcoin Cash appeared on August 1, 2017 as a result of Bitcoin's hard-fork. Bitcoin Cash was created as an alternative to bitcoin on its blokchain, but with some differences in the structure of the block and transactions, removing BTC shortcomings: the increased size of the block, a new principle for changing complexity, additional transaction protection mechanisms. The currency has quickly taken its place in the top of the market leaders, its capitalization exceeds 30 billion USD.
The new currency works on a protocol similar to Bitcoin:
- SHA-256 cash estimation algorithm;
- the same system of rewards and Proof of Work consensus;
- the same issue limit — no more than 21 million coins can be issued.
But there are several key differences:
- 8 times bigger the block size, up to 8 megabytes;
- the scheme of complexity change differs: it does not change every 2,016 blocks, as in BTC, but every 6.
Both currencies use one blockchain.